Its mission is to form social workers who are leaders with social commitment and aptitude for service; who encourage public inclusive policies through plans, programs and social intervention projects, which have impact in the sustainable development, that respect the principles of equity and justice for the society’s well-being of the region.
Graduates from the career of social work will be leaders of regional development with knowledge and social prestige, encouraging sustainable development, participating in the design, implementation and evaluation of plans, programs, and social projects of territorial development.
That the student acquire:
- Knowledge to identify diverse philosophical positions in which methodological models of social work are classified, allowing a professional intervention that address social policies of the setting.
- To master the selection and management of models, methods and techniques of social work that respond to diverse areas of professional action.
- Knowledge of the main macro and micro social problems that affect our country’s social dynamics over the research of social phenomena, as the basis of its professional action.
- The ability towards social organization by promoting mindful participation in the analysis of the problems and implementation of alternative solutions.
- The ability to systematize practice over the development of methodological processes that permit the creation of new knowledge.
- Ethical consciousness and strong values that allow the student to act professionally for the well-being of the society.
- The ability to plan, design, execute and evaluate plans, programs and projects related to social intervention in the different areas of his professional field.
- The ability to stablish connection strategies between public and private organisms to develop management capability.
- The ability to foster continuously self-training to keep up with the constant changes of society, which can allow the student to visualize groups and individuals in their setting as well as with shifting dynamic.
A candidate who aspires to study the career of Social Work should meet the following aspects.
- Interests in: Social research, social phenomena studies, man and his social environment, human behavior and his manifestations.
- Aptitudes: synthesis and analysis ability, suitable and assertive communication, comprehension and constructive imagination, persistence when completing goals, leadership skills.
- Attitudes: problem-solving skills, ability to maintain human relationships, emotional stability, creativity and initiative, sense of responsibility, tolerance.
The graduate should be able to:
- Investigate the social phenomena, proposing lines of social research, to construct objects of transdisciplinary studies.
- Organize the information product of the professional practices, Supported by the theoretical references acquired, allowing the recreation and the construction of knowledge and develop methodological processes of analysis and reflection, in other words systematize your practice.
- Diagnose the social problems to intervene in this reality, through the design and execution of models of social intervention.
- Plan and design programs and developing social projects in diverse social contexts.
- Through social management, this will be mediator to manage business and make decisions with organisms and with social institutions. Paying attention in a comprehensive way looking for resources that tend to solve the problematic, directing and facilitating the group dynamic and where you can generate actions such as: educate, train, advice, orient and handle human resources.
Throughout the following professional competences:
- Social management
- Research of social phenomena
- Practice systematization
- Planning of social intervention projects
- Social intervention in the reality
Field of professional performance
The Bachelors graduate of “Social Work” will be able to hold a position in public and private institutions as well as non-government organizations in various areas.
- Health. In physical health, mental health, rehabilitation and geriatric institutions.
- Judicial. In penitentiaries, judicial institutions, labor and social rehabilitation.
- Educational. Working in general and special education schools.
- Assistance, rural, industrial, in business, commerce or banking
Requirements to obtain the degree
- Have obtained a minimum of 406 credits.
- Pass the corresponding qualification procedures
Visit the Control Escolar’s website: www.escolar.udg.mx